Monday, April 13, 2015

The Dance 4/10/15




In Ojibwe culture, the Aurora Borealis is believed to be the ancestors dancing...the Aurora's are different every time.  Depending on many variables.  If all the variables line up, we are able to see them this far south (Northern WI).  This was such a case on April 10.

I have loved the Northern Lights all my life.  It wasn't till I was in my 20's before I learned the Ojibwe meaning to them...I have always enJOYed them...especially when the colorful pillars show up!  They are like music floating up from the tubes of an organ as it plays scrumptious sounds to see!

As the dogs and I drove around to find the "best spot" to shoot (with a camera) the light show, I was remembering my mother and the times we enJOYed watching the light show and how she loved the stories of the Ojibwe.  How fitting it was, that she would dance for me on her birthday...love and miss her every day.

Thank you for the dance!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Anna, and I love the Ojibwe interpretation of the Northern Lights!

    ReplyDelete