Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015


Merry Christmas ~ Happy New Year!!!
This year has been one of many changes…Kevin is still working as an Inspector and spends a lot of his time out of town working.  This past year he worked in three states.  It is very nice to have him home for a while!
I decided to make some bigger changes in my life as well…I started working at the Family Dollar Store, here in Iron River.  I helped to build the store from the floor up, then was a cashier there.  I had also applied for the Business Clerk position at the Red Cliff Community Health Center, on the Reservation in Red Cliff.  I got that job as well and work T-W-TH.  I told them at FD that I could only work F-S-S-M and I have not been called back…so I guess I am not employed there anymore lol!  I really enJOY the Business Clerk position and am learning all kinds of new things…and LOTS about credentialing providers. We are only one of four in the country that serves not just the Red Cliff Reservation community, we also serve ALL native people, enrolled or not, AND we serve the non-native community as well.  It is great to watch the Health Center grow.
I have let the portrait/wedding/people kind of pictures go from my Misty Pine Photography business go.  I still do nature, landscape, flowers and such, just taking people pics for family and close friends…just tired of some of the drama.  The stress caused this past summer caused me to get rid of that which was stressing me out…I feel so much better and am much happier!
This past summer/late fall has blessed us with running water and a working sanitary system!  I know, SURPRISE right!!!!  It is so nice to not have to haul water…we also got new windows and sliding door along with insulation and a new tin roof for our addition…sure is nice and cozy in there now!!!
We hosted Thanksgiving here in our new addition with my brother Farmer (Arthur), sister Paula, longtime family friend, Gene Baer and us.  It was the first holiday in many, many years where we didn’t have a huge house full of folks…it was wonderful to be able to actually sit and listen to Gene tell stories of his worldly travels and some the people he painted for and sights that caused him to stop, take out his painting materials and create a masterpiece.  He gifted Kevin and me with a wonderful oil painting he created of a mountainous autumn scene.  We will treasure that for all time.
We said good-bye to several friends and some family members this past year as well…some with extremely memorable moments and passing’s that we will cherish…sending loving prayers out to my cousin Caroline’s family…this is their first year without their mom/grandma/aunt/cousin/friend…
May the 2016 season bring you lots of good health, love, joy, forgiveness and peace ~ the change we seek in the world!
Many blessings, Kevin and Anna

~  Cedar and Zuni too

Cedar hates his picture taken

Zuni thinks he is a lap-dog
I will NOT look!!!  hehehe Cedar and Zuni

While I am at work, Kevin plays with my camera...

Here is my Silly~Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment