Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Storm is Over



Yesterday was a very, very stormy day...physically, emotionally, spiritually...all the way around…

Family gatherings can often be surrounded by little pictures of drama…and my family is no different than that.

Emotions have run very high with much anticipation and excitement for meeting siblings, cousins, auntie’s, uncles, niece and nephews that we may have never met or only talked to on the phone…will they like me? Will I like them? How will we get along, how will this change my relationship with my parents, siblings…is there enough love?

These kinds of thoughts can spark ‘larger than life’ kinds of fears and emotional ups and downs in our lives…it is my belief that we just take baby steps forward, then shine our ‘light’ in the face of fear and move forward, in love and light…enjoying the bonds of very different individual people who share so very much DNA, both metaphorically and real.

As my parents would tell me all the time…Anna, there is more than enough love to spread around…so I will close for now and update the blog later…I have love to spread…

Have a great day and smile, because you can!

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful...You have an abundance of love to give....What you have done to bring all these people together is just beyond words.....Gerry is smiling....You're a very special lady...This is truly a miraculous event in everyones life...You have touched many.....Blessings...
    I'm smiling because I can......
    Thank you for being YOU....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,
    You spread the joy of loving and caring to all those connected to you...not just the blood relatives but the rest of us who feel part of your extended family...thank-you for inspiring me each and every day to take it slow and love no matter what- You bless all of us!

    ReplyDelete