Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How do you know...?

Here is one of my most recent images that makes me feel all giddy inside...enJOY!




“How do you know that you are doing what God wants you to?” was the question asked of me a few days ago…

Do I know for sure that I am doing what the Creator wants me to do?  Yes I do!  How do I know…well, that is a bit different.  I feel completely directed, whether it be physically or just emotional feelings…when I get there, and take part in whatever it may be, I feel so exhilarated that I feel as though I could just explode into a gazillion little pieces.  Even hours later, I still feel very happy and humble that I was allowed to take part in that experience. 

Example:  Jane comes to me for pictures of her 6 year old daughter.  After the photo shoot and we are looking at the images Jane sees one that makes her so excited and she starts to cry.  The fact that I was able to capture that image for her, makes me feel so exhilarated for her and for me, that the feeling will last for a long time…sometimes weeks, months, years can go by and when I least expect it, the vision of Jane and her love for that image will well up and I feel all the same feelings, as if we just completed the shoot.

Example:  I captured an image of an American Bittern bird, which stood tall and pretended to be a reed to hide from me.  Now, this was early spring and there were NO reeds.  I, to this day can still see the Bittern, so sure that I could not see him/her, that I got some amazing captures.  Within a short few miles down the road, I had already completed a Haiku (poetry form) about this little beauty!  I steel see the Bittern in my mind’s eye and I get all giddy all over again.  When someone sees the image for the first time and they get so excited at the ‘beauty’ of it, I am transposed right back to the very moment that I snapped the shot…and yes, I truly share the beauty that the Creator has gifted me to see and capture so that you may enJOY experiencing the stunning creation.

So, that my dear friends, is how I know when I am doing what I am supposed to be doing…I really and truly LOVE capturing images of most of the creations the Creator has gifted the world…I feel truly honored to be able to capture and share these with the world.
Have a great day and smile, because you deserve it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing such an inspirational piece....

    You truly are a gifted,talented,loving person,all God's gifts to you....You use them well and the beauty you capture will be remembered always....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you've grasped the simpleness and complexity of it, whatever "it", may be .... we really need to let all of our senses take it all in. The beauty that's all around us,the nature of all living things,that are here for us to enjoy and respect.Beautiful Anna!!!

    ReplyDelete