Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!





WOW!  This year has been very eventful!  Kev came home from Nevada, in March.   He spent a couple months on unemployment and then went back to work for TJader, who he worked for a couple years ago.  November of this year he became a Certified Pipeline Welding Inspector.  Applications are sent out all over the place…now the waiting game.
March of this year I got a message in my Facebook messages, from someone I never met…she said she was searching for family for her friend, Theresa Hiler.  My father was married before my mom, to Elsie.  She had a daughter, Bonnie and they had Paula.  Bonnie had two children, Bobby and Theresa.  I met them all once back in 1976 (or something like that) and then again when our dad was really sick.  I called Theresa right away.  She got me in touch with Bonnie and told me where I could find Paula.  I looked Paula up on line and found her and her two sons and granddaughter!  I called, and within the week, Kev and I were picking Paula up at the Humphrey Airport in the cities.
Right off the plane we noticed likenesses…we had the same shoes on...then at our house, we have similar kitchen items, furniture, bedding, decorating ideas and we would finish each other’s sentences.

Anna Martineau Merritt and Paula Martineau Kolonich

…Was not long and my cousin John, found his brother’s kids and they were living in the Grand Rapids, MI area…so, we were off to Michigan to meet them and to reacquaint myself with Bonnie, Theresa and Elsie, the mother to my sisters.  I also met one of Theresa’s two boys…was over the top! I am sad that I was not able to meet Robert.  He was killed by a hit and run, drunk driver a month ago.


Anna, Elsie Martineau, Paula Martineau-Kolonich, Bonnie Graskey-Saunders and Theresa Saunders-Hiler

July came my brother Bobby’s wedding to Vicki…a union our mother would have rejoiced in!  Kev could not go with, so our friend Louanne and I hit the road…we stopped off in Bay City Michigan to see my cousin Sharon Dresser-Brendt and her son Mark.  

Sharon Dresser-Brendt, Mark Brendt and Anna

We then drove through Canada, and stopped to visit with our dear friends, Jack and Lonnie…Louanne made instant friends!  Was a great time!!!

Lonni and Jack Jamieson, Anna and Louanne Wald

The four of us visited the home of my very favorite Native Poet, E. Pauline Johnson.  Her home is in the same community where Jack and Lonni live.  Then we drove to Niagra Falls, Ontario to see the Canadian Horseshoe Falls...we ended up right smack in the middle of a short lived thunder storm!

Louanne Wald and Anna...soaking wet! 

Then off to the wedding and LOTS of country to see…the wedding was so beautiful!!!  Our brother Donny, Amy and the twins also made the long trip.  We got to take part in a real seafood lobster boil…then it was off toward home…through Niagara Falls, Canada and lots of lighthouses…

Anna Martineau-Merritt, brothers, Bob and Don Cline

Brothers Bob and Don Cline...hehehe

Took a trip up the north shore with a couple photographer friends and found ourselves in Pass Lake, Ontario…visited with good friends Linda, Heather and Leo…missed seeing Gunnar this time…just means I need to get back up there again, soon!

Then my brother Farmer came home to visit and to attend his daughters wedding...we had an amazing week bonding with him.  The wedding was beautiful...Jessica and Joe had a very nice wedding!  Farmer got to spend some time with his grand-kids too and that made his whole trip...he talked about them till he walked out the door...was sure a great week...

Jessica, Samauria, Farmer, Little Joe and Joe

 Joe and Jessica (Pettit) Perkins and Farmer 

Anna and Farmer

 Arthur "Farmer" Cline

There have been many photo opportunities near and far, people, animal and nature...my husband has taken me to really neat local areas for nature shots...there have been so much more than what I have listed here...enJOY our journey...
What an amazing year to be alive!  We are so very blessed!  Have a wonder filled holiday season…may only love and goodness encircle you all year long!!!

Much love, Kevin and Anna

1 comment:

  1. You,Kevin...We had an amazing year...I thank you both...I'm thrilled to have spent time with your family and friends....They are awesome....
    Thank you ,love you both, and an amazing 2012 to you both....

    ReplyDelete