Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year



New Year 2012

The year has ended and it is a time when winter snows and long days allow call us to look back.  Remember those who have walked on, were born, tragedies that have touched us or our family, the gatherings that brought us great joy, the high and low points that we will keep and hold close to us forever.

In the long nights of darkness, we also ponder the new year to come.  365(or 6) new days, what will we choose to do with them?  Ah yes, the resolution…what will I promise myself this year?  To lose weight, get healthy, go on a trip, visit a best friend I have not seen in years, get a new car, buy my first house, move out of my parents home, or maybe it is something more personal, not allowing others to treat me bad, ignore those who don’t make me feel good, be nicer to others, and so on and on…

Whatever this day means to you, embrace it!  My desire for me in the new year is the same desire for each of you, 365(or 6) new beginnings!  Each day wake up and know that ‘today’ is the first day of the next 365(or6) and today I will try to live in the now, this very moment, enjoy it, love it, learn in it, share with it, be honest, to love, give, laugh, forgive others but most of all forgive self, to pass on loving sentiments from your true heart, to walk with respect in each step.  Most of all, know that you ARE loved and that love can conquer all!  This is my wish/prayer for each of my dear friends and to those of the world…366 days of 2012 and that same wish/prayer for every minute of those days and to ripple through the rest of your life! 

Happy New Year, New You!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful wishes from a beautiful friend. Thank you Anna - for the richness and Joy you bring to my life. Wishing you a Very Happy New Year...NOW and Always! Love, Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Anna, you have brought me "life" in so many ways...I thank you...I will continue to learn from you,enjoy your wonderful spirit, and am so blessed and grateful to you for helping me to find "ME".....Wishing you a New Year with all that is good...Love you...<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post Anna! It's so easy to forget the simple things in life -- most of all it's easy to forget to live in the now. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete