Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Changes



Good morning!
Welcome to today, the first day of summer! As the sights and sounds of summer wipe away the images of spring, I am reminded by all the little baby creatures, that time is really moving fast!

It is now almost one and a half years since my mom walked on and almost thirty years since my dad walked on...at moments in time they both seem as tho they just happened and other times, it is as if a lifetime has past. It seems like yesterday that I was making a turn-around special trip to pick up my mom so she could see her great grandson, Joe Perkins III who was born on her birthday...I remember the times my dad and I went target practicing...the family would camp on Wisconsin Point...

As we move into this awesome time of summer, I am being reminded to keep an open heart and mind to all the different changes taking place in each of our lives...some small, some large and some just existing...and constantly keep vigil for the teacher of the newest lesson and praying at the same time, that the lesson will not be as painful as some in the past.

As the promise of summer brings about new changes in and for nature, it too, will bring about changes for us.

Have a very happy and blessed Summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment