Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Worth it...









These are my favorite pics from yesterday...these are the shots that made my going to Crex and out for a drive with Kevin in the heat/humidity/storm all worth it.

Once at Crex Meadows Wildlife Area ( www.crexmeadows.org ), I was so fortunate to see the Scarlet Tanager and he sat there for his picture! I thought sure he would fly, but he didn't and aren't you lucky!

The more I drove around Crex, the warmer and more humid it got and thus, the sicker I began to feel. I met up with Agogo, a friend of mine from over near Crex and usually we LOVE to shoot together...I felt so icky, I couldn't even do that! We watched a momma loon and her two babies try to stay cool...after about a half hour of that, we parted ways and we both headed home the long way.

Somewhere on county road 77, the vehicle in front of me slammed on his breaks, as then did I...a dang dog walking across the road, taking his sweet time. I was so ticked! Before I could get too mad, I noticed it was with another one and he had a tracking collar on...OMG! This was NOT a dog, they were wolves!!!! I grabbed my camera off the seat and snapped about 10 or so shots...prayed that at least one would turn out...I was lucky, one turned out and one almost...hehehe That sure was the highlight of my day!!!

After I got home, Kevin cooked us burgers and hotdogs on the grill and he treated to a DQ and a nice long ride through the back roads...the storm was just north of us, so we were able to get some great sky shots...one deer let me take her picture and everyone else took off into the woods before I could even get close...hehehehe

So, was it worth it? Ya, I believe it was...now you know how my Tuesday went...I wonder what today will bring...

4 comments:

  1. WOW - awesome shots. What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. These pictures are definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you were sick.....The pictures are as usual" fantastic"
    I wonder if that is the same Tanager we seen the last time I was there? He is so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you three! Crex is always worth it...now that I am truly feeling better...lol...I would like to go again, soon!!!

    ReplyDelete