Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Longing


As I sip my coffee, ponder over how much better I feel and writers group today...while I listen to the birds all in fluster over other birds in their "area," I find myself in the middle of a longing...a longing for the sights and sounds of Crex Meadows Wildlife Area...I look out the kitchen sliding glass doors and see a parent House Sparrow feeding a young fledgling and the longing becomes almost an ache.

I wonder how the baby swans are doing, how big are they? The Canadian Geese that were waddling across the road the last time I was there...can they fly now? What butterflies are out on the meadows...boy-o-boy does my mind drift. The sun is out today and the weather for there is partly cloudy...a great day for butterflies...and babies. Maybe I should go to writers group today...or just sit back, relax and take it easy...hmmmm

I wonder which will win out...have a great day and smile, because you can!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm smiling - how can you not smile on a beautiful day like this?? We will miss you at writers - take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would pick Crex,,,it is a difficult choice..I hate missing Writers....Looking forward to the great photos you will take...

    ReplyDelete