Friday, June 25, 2010

Still

I can't tell you in words, how profound today has been for me...I have been planning a meeting of my mother's grandchildren...those that she had either never met, or hadn't seen since their infancy/toddler time. By choices made so many years ago, the lives of many have been altered...connections lost...it has always, all ways, been my mother and my believe that NO ONE has a right to deny access to these children. they have siblings, aunties, uncles, parents and grandparents, and many cousins that love them and want to know them.

My mother and I had tried over the years to connect/reconnect/rekindle relationships or locate these children. Sadly, this did not happen before my mother walked on. It was her dream to get everyone together. She would say she would love to see them together and bond with each other...this past year has been a long journey of searching and through miraculous chains of events, they have all been found!

The third weekend in July (the 17), we will all be together here, at our home...at this moment in time, each of the nieces and nephews and their families will be here...a few will be absent as other commitments prevailed. I am so excited to meet everyone and begin a new chapter in our family book of life...

I sit here still...still in the moment of absolute love for all of these children and for their grandmother who dreamed this and saw it all in the clouds and know that beyond a doubt, she will be right here with all of us on our special day...dream BIG!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy this has all worked out. I know you have heard this before, because I am the one on the computer and the talker of our family, BUT I am so excited to have all this new family. Shane was very ovrwhelmed, but now just as excited to meet siblings we never knew about! See you in a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Anna....this is so touching....That you and your mom made this all happen.....These children/adults will have this moment forever in their hearts...weather they continue with the relationships,or they don't......they will always have this "moment in time"

    Many Blessings to you ,and to them.....
    This will be a very memorable day......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!!! I know this is a very special day and profound in the grand plan that the Creator has made for us...I am so blessed to be a part of this!

    ReplyDelete